Air conditioning units ensure comfort and convenience, especially during seasons of extreme heat. The cooling effect provided by these machines protects a person from the consequences of severe heat waves.
Maintaining your equipment prevents sever damage and further costs. The site conductairconditioning.com.au recommends regular AC unit preventative maintenance to ensure trouble-free operations and peak performance.
Air conditioning units are major purchases for your home. A number of homeowners disregard the importance of regular tune-ups. What they do not realise is that brushing off this task can lead to a unit’s premature breakdown.
Have your air conditioner system inspected and maintained regularly to maximise usage. Here are some things you can expect from your specialist during a complete unit tune-up:
• Inspection of coolant levels and pressure
• Tightening of wirings, contacts and capacitors
• Ensuring evaporators are clean
• Checking of compressor amps during start-up
• Inspection of outdoor disconnect
Yearly tune-ups of your AC units improve efficiency and prevent unnecessary expenditures. Although tune-ups cost you money, it’s guaranteed to be more economical than what you’ll pay in the future.
The best way to make sure your AC unit is maintained properly is by hiring a professional. Nonetheless, there are some remedies you can do yourself. You may try a few DIY maintenance measures:
• Regular replacement of filters: Ideally, filters need a replacement once every 3 months but if the unit is used more than often, changing it once a month is advisable.
• Inspection of air vents: Dirt build up in air vents negatively affects AC units. Regularly clean your air vents with a damp cloth to keep them clean. Inspecting the vent also help you discover unusual developments hindering the unit’s performance.
• Cleaning Evaporator and Condenser coils: like air vents, coils gather dirt and dust over its usage. Clean off any dirt for maximum A/C unit performance.
Do not disregard preventive maintenance for your AC units. Your unit loses 5% of its overall efficiency every year if it’s allowed to function without proper maintenance. Regular tune-ups prolong the life of your unit and eliminate potential health risks to you and your family.